Pure Hydration has been working at the leading edge in the development and application of modern technologies for individual water purification (IWP) devices for the last two decades.
How it Works
1) Water enters the filter. This could include bacteria, viruses, heavy metals, chemicals and micro-plastics.
2) Micro-Filter. Irregular microscopic pores remove bacteria, taste and odour.
3) Electrocohesion occurs. Electropositive-hesion attracts organisms, such as viruses and bacteria which cannot resist the forces.
4) Powdered Activated Carbon (PAC). The filter removes taste and odour absorbs chemicals such chlorine, herbicides and pesticides and also reduces pollutants such as arsenic, lead, copper and aluminium.
5) Designed FOR YOU, Designed FOR OUR PLANET
6) GREAT TASTE... NO WASTE every time.
GREAT TASTING WATER FROM ANY MUNICIPAL TAP ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD
We are so proud to announce a worlds first. We took our patented MAD™ purification technology and miniaturised it. The Ice°Cap is a revolutionary no-leak, water filtration cap, designed for 500/350ml stainless steel bottles. You will not want to leave home without it!
How it Works
Powdered Activated Carbon (PAC). The filter removes taste and odour absorbs chemicals such chlorine.
Designed FOR YOU, Designed FOR OUR PLANET
GREAT TASTE... NO WASTE every time.
Pure Hydration’s purification filters incorporate their M.A.D. Technology that eliminates waterborne pathogens using a process based on Electrohesion . Working on fatal attraction this process simply stops and holds microbiology such as bacteria, viruses, cysts and spores deep within the pores of the media.
- The fibres create a natural electropositive charge (measured as penetrating into the surrounding water for up to 300 microns) which covers the entire depth and void volume between the fibres, and remove negatively charged sub-micron particles, e.g. viruses (attracted by what we call electro adhesion) through electro-adsorption. Larger particles, e.g. bacteria and parasitic protozoan pathogens, are captured by electro adhesion and mechanical action, with the restriction of pathogenic cysts by mechanical restraint within the fibre matrix.
- The small PAC particle size (mean size ~8 micron) produces a rapid reaction with chemical contaminants. No adhesives are used to retain the PAC (it is held in place by the electro adhesion) meaning that there is a greater
PAC surface area available for reaction.
- The silver impregnate in the ~2 micron zeolites is used to inactivate and inhibit growth of retained bacteria, and is only released by ion exchange allowing for controlled delivery.
Why ICE° Bottle?
The ICE° Bottle has been engineered from the base up to ensure superior strength and durability. The flat, non-slip base ensures that it stays where you place it.
The shape of the base significantly reduces the opportunity for distortion and loss of functionality. Drop testing has demonstrated superior results to many other commonly available products in this market.
Premium 18/8 (304 grade) stainless steel is used to form
the ICE° Bottle. Taken together with state-of-the-art fabrication processes ensuring vacuum and structural integrity, the ICE° Bottle can keep liquids colder or hotter for far longer than many conventional products, and, corrosion resistant, it won’t taint the taste of your beverage.
Put simply, we’d like to see an end to single use plastic being used for drinking water packaging, so we set our sights on designing a genuinely sustainable alternative.
When it comes to delivering a product that can reduce the environmental impact compared to that of plastic production.
We know here at PureHydration there is a lot of embodied energy in the manufacturing of a stainless steel bottle.
In order to dissipate this overtime, the bottle must be of high quality and used many times.
This is why cheaper less sustainable bottles are not the answer.
Learn More - Outdoor Range
The term ‘pore size’ is frequently invoked in this respect, and is used to characterize a ‘hole’ through which passage by increasingly small particles or organisms is either entirely prevented (‘absolute pore size rating’) or is blocked as a
defined percentage of the total contaminant level (‘nominal pore size rating’). This is perfectly acceptable when you are describing a device which uses, for example, hollow fibre membranes as the basis of its filtration capability, and where the ability to block such as harmful E-coli bacteria
from passing through a filter is achieved by having an appropriately restrictive pore size, but it is decidedly unhelpful when looking at a technology that deliberately utilizes a larger spacing in its purification matrix to ensure enhanced water flow rates and which removes the offending microbes by other means.
Using the terminology of a single type of old technology (hollow fibre technology was commercially developed in the 1960′s) to define how all new products should be categorized is rather like trying to describe how, for example, a car’s brakes should work without acknowledging the difference between a drum brake and a disc brake, and then disregarding automotive development advances such as ABS.
Furthermore, using only one technology parameter to describe the reduction method for just one category of risk, i.e. the microbiological threat, does not adequately address how performance may be compromised by other physical characteristics of that technology, for example, fouling of the outer surface of hollow fibres, and it does not explain how a product would manage reduction of a chemical hazard in the same water, leaving the purchaser potentially unaware of either the limitations or broader capability in terms of the wider spectrum protection provided by a device.
The M.A.D. ® media is configured in a professionally engineered casing (either in the format of an integrated water bottle cap or as an inline purifier for use with hydration reservoirs or our gravity fed systems) to ensure its integrity is maintained in the toughest of environments.
The above description serves to tell you how a M.A.D. ® purifier module works. It does not tell you how well it performs in terms of reducing potentially harmful contaminants, or by comparison with other manufacturers’ products. Although we think the technology behind our purifiers is pretty impressive, we believe that it is more important for you to know what a product has been proven to stop in terms of the contaminants that could otherwise enter your body in the water you drink.